The California Action Network for Mathematics Excellence and Equity (CANMEE), is a collaboration of the California Mathematics Project with state and national groups and organizations that focus on excellence and equity in mathematics education. Working synergistically with the Mathematics Collaboration Committee (MCC) and the Communities of Practice (CoP), CANMEE will operate as a Networked Improvement Community (NIC) to support and sustain excellence and equity in mathematics education for each and every student. The CANMEE NIC will use lesson study to continuously improve mathematics learning, instruction, and the lesson study process by ensuring that mathematics education is rigorous, high quality, accessible, and equitable for all students. CANMEE can show that diversity is an asset.
The following organizations have joined forces to establish the California Action Network for Mathematics Excellence and Equity (CANMEE):
- California Mathematics Project
- Mathematics Content Experts in the County Offices of Education (COEs), particularly their recent efforts in the Communities of Practice (CoP)
- California Mathematics Council (CMC)
- Benjamin Banneker Association (BBA)
- California Association of Mathematics Teacher Educators (CAMTE)
- Lawrence Hall of Science (The Hall)
- Silicon Valley Math Initiative (SVMI)
- TODOS: Mathematics for ALL (TODOS)
Upcoming CANMEE Events
Interested in CANMEE Lesson Study?
If you are interested in implementing CANMEE Lesson Study at your district or school, please contact Kyndall Brown at