THEORY OF ACTION
Students need to be able to make meaningful connections between what they are learning in school and how it applies to their future to be college and career ready.
Educators need to provide students with opportunities to work on relevant projects, involving real products and real consequences, promoting the authentic application of both academic content and relevant occupational practice.
Instruction needs to develop students’ mathematical content knowledge and develop mathematical character as described in the Common Core State Standards; students know the mathematics and can use and apply the mathematics in the context of 21st century skills.
• Increase student engagement
• Provide successful pathways for students to be college and career
OUTCOME EXPECTATIONS FOR PARTICIPATING TEAMS :
• Develop cognitively demanding mathematical tasks that are connected to CTE Industry
• Develop units that infuse CaCCSS-M (Common Core) standards in math and CTE courses
• Increase the relevance of the mathematics in college and career readiness
• Increase student perseverance
• Implement units developed