Middle School Statistics Webinar Series – Grade 7
February 20 @ 4:00 pm - 5:30 pm
The most recent California Mathematics Content Standards have incorporated statistics and probability standards in grades 6-12. The Guidelines for Assessment and Instruction in Statistics Education (GAISE) framework state that every high school graduate should be able to use sound statistical reasoning to intelligently cope with the requirements of citizenship. Data collection design, exploration of data, and the interpretation of results should be emphasized in statistics education for statistical literacy. This webinar series will cover the middle school statistics standards from the California Mathematics Framework.
Grade 6 Statistics Webinar Tuesday, Jan 23 4-5:30pm
Grade 7 Statistics Webinar Tuesday, Feb 20 4-5:30pm
Grade 8 Statistics Webinar Tuesday, Mar 20 4-5:30pm
Topics presented will include:
- Understanding of the statistical reasoning process
- The idea of variability
- Building student understanding of probability by investigating the relative frequency of outcomes from repeated observations of random events.
- Building statistical models to explore the relationship between two variablesThis webinar is intended to provide teachers with
This webinar is intended to provide teachers with the pedagogical strategies that will support their students in becoming proficient statistical thinkers.
Goals of webinar series
- Examine the GAISE Framework to understand the statistical reasoning process
- Engage in a statistical tasks for middle school students
- Discuss the implications for classroom instruction including opportunities for collection and analysis of real-world data that is culturally relevant for middle school students.
$65 per individual session; 3 session discounted rate $180
Register and pay by credit card or PO.